Empowered servants boldly reaching the community with Christ's love.
Love - Prayer - Faith/Faithfulness
- Hiring - Part-time Administrative Assistant - This is important front line office work performed for the pastor and leadership of the church. The Administrative Assistant is integral to the smooth operation of a church. Work involves ongoing public contact in person and by phone, as receptionist as well as clerical duties including typing, filing, sorting, mathematical computations, posting data, keeping records and operating office machines. Work requires the exercise of initiative, sound judgment, confidentiality, and discretion in the performance of duties. Critical qualifications for anyone occupying this position are discretion, a positive attitude, strong problem-solving abilities and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Pastor. More > > >
- Apply online here or send resume with Employment Appliation (Print & mail, email, or drop off)
Volunteer at Kids Food Basket - Sunday, February 10 & 24, 3:00 -4:00 pm. Kids’ Food Basket (KFB) is committed to providing healthy, tasty, and cost effective evening meals, or “sack suppers” to greater Grand Rapids children who are food insecure. KFB uses 165 volunteers every day to make almost 6,000 lunches served to kids at 34 different schools so that no kid goes to bed hungry. Sign up at the Connection Corner or HERE and join us to help make sandwiches or prep food for packed lunches. You’ll help ensure that children in our community do not go to bed hungry, have fun, and get to know some of your Northlawn friends or acquaintances a little better.
- Meet Pastor Craig L. Adams!!! We have a wonderful Pastor, Rev. Craig L. Adams. Craig is a godly Bible based preacher and teacher. The roots of his faith are evangelical, revivalistic and rooted in the holiness streams of the Wesleyan tradition. You can find out more aout him on our staff page. Pastor Craig will be available on Mondays at Lucy's Cafe on Plainfield Ave. He will be doing sermon planning and preparation but invites anyone who wants to stop by and get acquainted, to do so. He will be there from 7:30 am ‘til approximately 10:30/11:00 am.. And,we would love for you to join us for worship on Sunday morning!!!
Sermon Video - A video of each worship service is now available on Northlawn UMC Facebook page.
- Mens Bible Study Lead by Rev. Craig L. Adams. Wednesdays at 7:00 pm. The Gospel of Mark.
- Women's Bible Study - Tuesday mornings at 10 am. We are starting a new study entitled Image of Christ. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join us!!!
- Bell Choir - Starts September 19 at 6 pm. No experience necessary. We'll teach you how to play! Stop by to join.
- Silver Senior's Fall Lunch - Wednesday, December 5 at 11:00 am. Join us for brunch at THE Culinary Cafe at Kent Career Tech Center on Wednesday, December 5 at 10:30 a.m. The cost is $6 per person which includes a beverage. Everyone is welcome! We love new faces. Questions: Contact Us.
- Native American Elders Program- The Native American Elders Program supports and empowers Native American Elders in the Greater Grand Rapids area is seeking teams of three volunteers each to help with lunch preparation, serving, and clean up. Volunteer teams once each month on Tuesday or Thursday. Volunteers are needed from 9am to 1:30pm at Northlawn UMC in GR. Questions, need more info? Please contact Holly Downer 616.552.3392 or Holly@GRMetroMinistry.org.
- AND .... see our newsletter and events calendar here.