"Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." (Romans 15:7)
Everyone is important to God - and to us, too! The way we welcome, accept, and care for people reflects God's love for us all. We genuinely care about people who have never been here before, the same as for those who have found a spiritual home here. We do our best to welcome, include, love, and support everyone, with the desire that they may feel God's love as part of the body of Christ at Northlawn UM Church. You can find out more about our hospitality efforts throughout the year below the photo.
If you'd like to help, just sign up on one of the clipboards at Connection Corner at church, or click on the links to online sign-up sheets:
- Greeters welcome people at church entrances and share lots of smiles.
- Ushers welcome everyone to the sanctuary, provide information about worship, help with seating, and offer any other assistance worshippers need.
- Connection Corner Hosts welcome people to our information hub in the narthex, answer questions, and coordinate sign-up clipboards.
- Coffee/Cookie Helpers donate cookies (church provides coffee) and/or prepare and serve refreshments, and clean up afterward. (When signing up, please indicate whether you will donate cookies, host the table, or do both.)
This welcoming group plans and coordinates all the activities listed above and many more, too, including those listed below. Use the Contact Us form on this page to ask for someone to contact you about volunteering for any of these activities, or about becoming a member of the Hospitality Team.
- Holiday Brunches
- Pot Lucks
- Birthday Dinner (celebrating everyone's birthday!)
- Congregational Directory
- Welcome Gifts (needed year-round)
- Kids Activity Bags (needed year-round)