Northlawn UM Church
- United Methodist Church
- Michigan Area-UMC
- Central Michigan Conferencer-UMC
- Hispanic UMC
- Korean UMC
- Frequently Asked Questions-UMC
- Chuck Knows Church - A fun, informative series of short (2-5 minutes) videos about objects, symbols, and terms used in church.
- Spiritual Gifts Inventory
United Methodists - National/Global Missions & Outreach
- Four Areas of Focus
- Improving Global Health
- Ministering With the Poor
- Social Justice
- Disaster Relief
Area Ministries & Social Services
Northlawn UMC does not operate the programs listed below, and this is not a complete list of helping agencies in the area. For more information or referral to specific services, contact the organization directly; or check the 211 Help Database online, a service of Heart of West Michigan United Way.
Food, Shelter, Clothing
- Client Choice Food Pantry - Emergency food pantry (3-4 day supply), operated by North End Community Ministry (NECM).
- Supper House (NECM) - Meals twice a week (at St. Alphonsus School, 228 Carrier NE)
- God's Kitchen - Meals daily, food pantry, baby pantry; Grand Rapids & Muskegon
- Mel Trotter Ministries - Meals daily, food pantry, homeless shelters for men, women & children
- Degage Ministries - Help for homeless including food, respite shelter, hygiene & crisis services
- Family Promise of Grand Rapids - Help for homeless families.
- In The Image - Free clothing, shoes, household items, small appliances.
Health & Wellness
- Heart of West Michigan United Way
Free health & human service hotline - dial 211, or access help database online
- Catherine's Health Center
- Clinica Santa Maria
Child, Family, Senior Services
- Salvation Army - Adult & youth programs, women's services, rehab services, camp, utility assistance
- Senior Neighbors - Services for seniors in Kent County.
- United Methodist Community House - Programs for children, adults, and families to help them succeed in a diverse community.
Learn to Read
- Literacy Center of West Michigan - Helps children, families, and adults improve reading and language skills.
Social / Legal Justice
- Justice For Our Neighbors - A United Methodist Ministry in Grand Rapids & Holland (immigration legal aid).
- Legal Aid of West Michigan - Free legal services for low-income individuals and seniors in non-criminal, non-fee-generating legal matters.
- Migrant Legal Aid - Legal assistance in social and work matters including housing, wages, working conditions.
- Fair Housing Center of West Michigan - Assistance to tenants, home buyers, landlords, disabled individuals, to support non-discriminatory housing opportunities for all.
- Michigan Association for Suicide Prevention
- 1-800-273-8255 (24-hour crisis line, connects you to local help)
Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault
- IF you are in immediate danger OR feel unsafe - dial 911
- 616-451-2744 (24-hour crisis line, emergency shelter)
- Counseling: 616-459-4652 (business hours)
- YWCA of West Central Michigan
Addiction & Recovery
- Alcoholics Anonymous 616-913-9149 (24-hour hotline)
- AA Meetings
- Narcotics Anonymous 1-800-230-4085 (help & info)
- NA Meetings
- Al-Anon & Alateen
- Al-Anon & Alateen Meetings